SuboxoneMom

If you have never heard of Suboxone, chances are you don't belong here.........

Friday, February 22, 2008

I have the "poor me's" today....

You have no idea how I am struggling these past few days. The lack of self-confidence that was not present while using is really f*cking with me. The mental anguish and guilt I am feeling because of my lack of knowing how to do anything and not having a clue of where to begin has overwhelmed me to the point of terrified tears and self-loathing. (And a BIG dose of the “poor me’s” I might add.
WHERE do I start? HOW do I start? WHEN will it hit me? HOW will I ever believe that I was NOT lazy and worthless, but embroiled in a battle of addiction and preoccupied with where my next fix was coming from.
Being a product of Suboxone recovery didn’t help me with any of that. For that time on the Sub’s my fear of relapse was so strong that I totally dropped the ball, that ball being my life.
I’m just so confused and scared I can no longer concentrate on the simplest of tasks.
Thanks for letting me “share”….

The above was a comment I just posted on http://www.whatwinnersdo.com/

And DUUUUH, it occurred to me…..Rather than waste HER space with my long ass comment, I’ll just come home, here, to finish my thoughts and my fears……

So to continue: Really, is the Cymbalta NOT working? Because my deep depression episodes just come at me from behind. They have no mercy on my heart, nor my soul. I have my doc appointment on March 4th, so being the lazy person I believe I am, I figured, why bother him now? Surely he has bigger fish to fry than dealing with a manic lunatic. Why do I get to the point where I don’t feel that my struggles are not more important that someone else’s?

I think that bottlecappie was right in a way. I don’t think that the stopping Suboxone necessarily threw me into this depression. However, I do feel that perhaps the Sub’s were masking the depression all that time. And before that it was the oxy’s, and before that the percs, vicodins, etc. And much earlier on, it was alcohol…… And for those earlier struggles with alcohol, I couldn’t be more thankful. Because I found out early on, through the rooms of AA, that I AM worth something. I am not lazy. I am not ugly. I am not a scumbag. I am not a bad mother, daughter, wife, sister.

I am just sick.

So, I guess my question is this; WHY CAN’T I CONTINUE TO HAVE THAT FAITH THAT I AM A GOOD PERSON? WHY DO I THROW MYSELF UNDER EVERY FUCKING TRAIN? WHY CAN’T I HOLD ON TO THE POSITIVE FOR LONGER THAN TWO DAYS IN A ROW?

*sigh*

6 Comments:

At February 22, 2008 at 9:52 AM , Blogger annabkrr said...

Sounds completely normal for someone who is finally clear headed from all drugs. My first months were incredibly hard and I went from elation to suicidal depression. I've always been depressed, but the reality setting in really made it worse.

Are you going to meetings? They help me tons.

 
At February 22, 2008 at 12:24 PM , Blogger erinsav said...

I agree with Anna on this one.

Dealing with feelings and emotions without any drugs in your system is hard. It takes a lot of getting used to.

I feel like the Suboxone has helped you get on track with changing your lifestyle for the better and made it possible for you to start to think differently.

This portion of your recovery is going to be about taking what you have learned on the Suboxone and applying it to your life now.

It's hard, I'm not going to lie. But it gets easier and soon you won't know how you lived in the haze of drugs for so long.

Hang in there! You can do it.

 
At February 23, 2008 at 5:19 AM , Blogger SuboxoneMom said...

I hate that word "TIME".... It takes time..... I am 43 years old and have wasted so much time already, its sickening.

I live with fear, guilt, pain, and a severe case of of depression that just completely attacks me out of nowhere. I'm sooooo sick of being sick, ya know?

Thanks for the words of encouragements girls. You have no idea how much I value your advice and opinions.....

SubMom

 
At February 23, 2008 at 2:22 PM , Blogger My Daughter's Addiction said...

Living everyday, ordinary life is difficult enough...but rediscovering it must be a real challenge for you. One thing to keep in mind [when you have the poor me's] is how proud you should be of yourself...what you've accomplished, how far you've come. If I were you I would be patting myself on the back...and shouting from rooftops...Look what I've done. You are a special person. Just remind yourself of that everyday.

 
At February 23, 2008 at 2:23 PM , Blogger My Daughter's Addiction said...

...and I really like your new template...it's very nice.

 
At February 24, 2008 at 4:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo - Submom - come join FLYlady with me and we'll get our shit together, together.

Have you seen the FLYlady site? She's got a 31 day program for getting your house in order. It looks doable, even for someone with my epic laziness.

My opinion about a lot of the behavioral stuff that goes with depression is that it's just habit. When we are depressed, we get a lot of bad habits - sleeping too much, not taking showers, letting the housework go. The fight against that is really hard at first, even if your mood is feeling better because of medication or whatever. If your mood is still bad, it can feel impossible to get back on track. It's so Overwhelming.

Srsly - do this with me and we'll see if it works.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home