SuboxoneMom

If you have never heard of Suboxone, chances are you don't belong here.........

Saturday, February 9, 2008

So SEX is the answer for most of my problems, huh?

So check this one out! I found the answer to most of my problems..... And I say "most" because it doesn't seem to mention the insanity factor!


But I did email this article to my significant other, btw. Because if it were up to him, I'd have cobwebs by now.


Anyhoo, a little background if you care to be in the know:


Tim and I have been together almost 8 years. Before him, sex was NEVER an interest to me, except in the onset of a new relationship. I didn't know any better. I was married for the first time at 22 and had my first child at 24. I was divorced by the time I was 26 or 27.


Next came husband #2. A real charmer. He should have been a male model, really! During our tumultuous relationship, my Mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She passed away within months of that diagnosis. It was a very scary time for me. I shudder just thinking about those days of sadness and dread.


So after my Mom died, I married the gorgeous, non-working cheater. Throughout our entire relationship we were both in AA. So I thought. Until one day when I got this reall creepy feeling that something was amiss. I left work and went home at lunch time. To this day I cannot tell you what led me upstairs, into our walk in closet. I began checking his old fireman's uniforms. Old meaning 10 or 11 years old. And that is when I found the empty bottles. DOZENS of them! Since I had been in recovery at this point for 6+ years, I didn't even know what some of those liquors were. For instance, Zima came out after I sobered up. And until today, I have NEVER tasted a flavored Vodka. NEVER!


I lined the bottle up on along the bed and went back to work. Hurt, angry, confused, heartbroken, and so sad. What did I do? I joined in his madness and drinking along side him within 2 months. After all the preaching and crying and begging, my disease won out. So I drank for the next year, month and 18 days (to be exact), stopped drinking and divorced husband #2. Not because he MADE me drink, not because of drinking at all. But once you took away AA, and theee added alcohol, took the alcohol away, we had nothing left. All of our commons practices were now gone. Except the 14 month old, blue eyed, always smiling, light of my life. We had a son. So now I'm divorced TWICE, two boys aged 10 years apart, and scared out of my mind.


Then came my Tim. A biker. Long hair, bandanna, chains, boots, and tatoos on every part of his anatomy that showed, and some parts you'll never see! Everyone in my family, social circles, and even strangers thought I lost my f-ing mind! But I instantly fell in honest to God, true love, that first night we hung out together. It was not the first time I saw him, but I never quite acknowledged him. We were thrown together in situations like oil and water. He stayed on his side of the invisible line for his reasons, and I stayed on my side becasue...well...biker dudes scared the hell out of me.


And then one day we talked. And talked and talked and talked. We didn't officially start seeing each other till weeks later. But imagine my surprise when he recited what I was wearing the very first time he saw me in that first social scene? My heart was bursting, my mind was scrambled, and I was a goner...... He had me, right then and there, without question.


Now, our sex life started off with the usual fireworks you see when you first start sleeping with someone. And those fireworks can still be seen today, only too infrequently for me. After 7 years, I still want him. Always......


On the other hand, he is not the healthiest person. He has epilepsy (under complete control with meds since 2003), he has HepC, treated for over a year, remission and returned. His Dad was diagnosed with cancer December of 2006 and began an awful decline in October. So he does have his excuses mind you.


But I do get annoyed. Why is that? Am I normal? I want sex more than 4 times a month? He makes me feel like I'm a nymphomaniac. Just what I need....ANOTHER label right?


So I began some research about how often, single, married, over 40's engage in sex. And I AM NORMAL IN THAT DEPARTMENT. Gotta be thankful for small favors......


But I did come across this little diddy and thought I'd share it with you. Because maybe you will feel as I do. Most of your ailments, problems, illness and selfconfidence could be restored too!


Check this out!!!!










What are the scientific reasons for having sex?
By Dr Stephen Juan
Published Friday 6th October 2006 11:10 GMT




Sex helps boost the immune system.
According to Dr Carl Charnetski of the Department of Psychology at Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, people who reported one or two sexual "episodes" per week enjoyed higher levels of Immunoglobin A. This is an antibody that helps fight disease.

Sex increases longevity.
In one study cited by Dr Charnetski, men who had more orgasms over a 10 year period boosted their longevity compared with those who had fewer.
Sex helps ward off cancer. In another study cited by Dr Charnetski, men who had more ejaculations over a 35 year period had 33 per cent less prostate cancer compared to those with fewer ejaculations.


Sex results in a more youthful appearance.
According to a study by Dr David Weeks, a clinical neuropsychologist at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital in Scotland and co-author of Superyoung (1999), men and women who reported having sex an average of four times per week looked approximately 10 years younger than they really were.


Sex helps reduce stress.
Numerous studies show that it does this through lowering anxiety levels, boosting relaxation, and aiding sleeping.


Sex helps fight depression.
A study by Dr Gordon Gallup of the Department of Psychology at the State University of New York at Albany found that women who regularly engage in heterosexual sex in which they come in contact with semen were significantly less depressed than those women that did not. he causal relationship is unclear. Dr Gallup speculates that "possibly because when absorbed through the vagina, semen may have an effect on mood in women". However, Dr Gallup is quick to point out: "Regardless of the findings, this study does not advocate that people abstain from using condoms. Protecting oneself from an unwanted pregnancy or a sexually transmitted disease is far more important."


Sex helps coping with middle age.
This is the inference drawn from research by Dr GA Bachmann at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, New Jersey and published first in 1995 in the International Journal of Fertility and Menopausal Studies and continuing in The Journal of Sexual Medicine in 2006.


Sex is good exercise.
Exercise helps circulation, lowers cholesterol, and releases helpful endorphins.



Sex helps in losing weight.
Well, at least a little. One burns approximately four to five calories per minute or perhaps 300 calories per hour during sex (depending upon how, shall we say, "vigorous" the sex is). About 7,000 to 8,000 excess calories must be burned to lose one kilogram of fat (3,500 to lose one pound). You do the calculations.



Stephen Juan, Ph.D. is an anthropologist at the University of Sydney.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At February 9, 2008 at 11:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok stop making us look back or I'm gunna have to unfriend you. bwahahahhahaha

Hey stop by my blog, I lifted the security measure.

I have a pic of a cake (hubby turned 40+5) and some pix of my office.

 
At February 11, 2008 at 10:35 AM , Blogger annabkrr said...

LOL....

Since I got clean I'm all about gettin' some!!

 
At February 11, 2008 at 10:35 AM , Blogger annabkrr said...

LOL....

Since I got clean I'm all about gettin' some!!

 
At February 13, 2008 at 6:44 AM , Blogger Miss Behaving [badly] said...

Hi there,

I am thinking of taking subbies instead of methadone or quitting the methadone all together.
It's been a long road of opiates for me and I have two blogger blogs. Heroinegirl and recovering beauty. I'd just like to share myn stories with you. I have bi polar and my depression has similar effects that you describe.

Peace be with you, you are doing better now. xxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home