SuboxoneMom

If you have never heard of Suboxone, chances are you don't belong here.........

Thursday, January 24, 2008

We are nearing the end....

Tim's Dad has reached the final hours/days of his journey here with us. It is such a heartbreaking scene, watching someone you love go through this. He is trying so hard to be strong for his Mom, keeping himself busy taking care of his Dad. I am at a loss of what to do for him. So I told him just now, "Know that I am here, for whatever you need. Do not hesitate to call upon me for physical, emotional, or spiritual support. I have been exactly where you are. It is not easy, I know." What else can I really do or say to him right now? I told him to go and stay with his parents, for these final moments. His Mom is not a strong person, neither physically or emotionally. She is helpless, in every sense of the word. And she needs someone. Now.
I know that he is afraid of my reaction to his leaving. I have not been the most supportive of his Mother's needs up until now. Not because I am heartless, but because I knew that her needs were purely made up of her sitting there, thinking and thinking and thinking. I knew that his Dad had a ways to go, and that her needs would only become greater. And her requests for help were probably based out of fear rather than true need. I knew then, as I admit today, that I was somewhat irritated with her throughout this entire process.
So all I can say is "I am here". Do you think I should say more?
SM

1 Comments:

At January 24, 2008 at 6:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you said it perfectly. :)

I'll be praying for you all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home